Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Pieces... always missing pieces....

Well, as usual, just when one significant piece of my life comes into clear focus, another significant piece of the puzzle is lost.

My dear best (girl) friend of 7 years has just told me she may be moving... and not in a matter of long weeks or months, as I first assumed, but perhaps in very short weeks.... We have gone from living in the same town, to living HOURS (7+) apart, back to living within a 15 minute drive, and this would puts us back to hours apart again.

Don't get me wrong, I'm SO happy for her; it's a very good oppertunity for her and her family, and I want nothing but the best for her.... but that doesn't negate the fact that I would love to go over to her house, wrap myself around one of her legs and very somberly say "please don't leave me".

All this may be for naught, as I said, she may be moving.... though honestly, I've always been pretty in tune with my intuition...
Time will tell I suppose.


That all being said, hours is not all that bad. My sister is on the other side of the world at the moment. Granted, I cried quite a bit at that, but we adjust; we grow.

I know that I will do my part to not let our amazing relationship falter or fail. If anything, not to be cliche, but it's true that distance makes the heart grow fonder. You don't let the little scraps and arguments make you bitter, you try harder to write and communicate, and seeing each other is one of the best treats in the world. So I suppose I should not be so quick to sadness...


As I said to her, I will say to myself again: "Even as we grow in different directions, we will never grow apart."

No comments: